In This Section
Free School Meals
Is your child entitled to Free School Meals?
Children in their first year at school (Reception Year), as well as those in Year 1 and Year 2 are all entitled to Universal Infant Free School Meal. These are provided as part of a government initiative to provide children in these years with a healthy and nutritious school meal. At The Radstone Primary School these meals are provide by Fresh Start.
However, if you are in receipt of any of the benefits listed below you should still apply for Free School Meals as this entitles us to additional funding known as the Pupil Premium.
You may be entitled to Free School Meals if you receive;
- Universal Credit (annual net income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying)
Please visit here for more information or to complete an online application form: