In This Section
Supporting our Parents / Supporting our School
The Pupil Premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. Schools receive funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last six years.
Pupil Premium funding will be tailored to meet the individual pupil needs to support their learning and progress. However, as standard, pupils in receipt of Pupil Premium will also be entitled to financial support with school uniform, school trips, an external sport or a regular peripatetic lesson (e.g. a funded club).
If you are in receipt of any of the following you may be eligible for Pupil Premium funding and financial support:
- Universal Credit (annual net income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying)
If you think you may be eligible then please go to the Northamptonshire County Council application page here: